Friday, December 19, 2008

Back in Kentucky

So... I am back in good ole Kentucky once more. I am sitting on our comfy couch, listening to the rain, marveling at the Christmas tree. It is wonderful to be with family after a couple of months away and I look foward to this blessed time together during the holidays. I have been talking with them about the many things that I learned at orientation. But more than anything I continue to share about the believers that I met and how they sharpened me and how they did life with me for two months. Another example of how the Lord has put amazing Godly people in my life. I continually missed friends and family but the Lord provided.

Prior to orientation my family and I struggled in coping with me being gone for two years. My entire family lives really close and we spend lots of time with one another. There was an overwhelming sadness for us at times. The one thing that sustained my was the Lord and knowing that my obedience to go and fulfill his call was above any of the wishes of my family and my own doubts.

Recently the Lord again proved faithful when my grandfather met a young woman who had served in Peru through the same program as me. She was able to share with him and put some of his fears at ease. He was able to share with other family members. The Lord has not only revealed his call to me but he continued to reveal it to my family while I was away.

Great is his faithfulness!

Blessings to all

Much Love

"I will sing about the LORD's faithful love forever; with my mouth I will proclaim Your faithfulness to all generations." -Psalm 89:1

3 comments:

Lori Lynn Christian said...

This post makes me so happy! Oh how God is so amazing and cares for our every need!

lisagay said...

another "test post"...from lisa (rogers)

lisagay said...

hey jess...how was the flight?...I am so excited for you!!..and proud of you!!! I will be checking the blog for an update!!