Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Off to research in Apurimac

Well I am off to begin research in some villages in the department of Apurimac, province of Grau. Ryan, Mandy, and I are going to try and get into 12 different villages in the next couple of weeks. We will be back in Lima round the 5th of October as Ryan will be preparing to go on another trip and I will be preparing for a short trip to Spain!

I ask that you would all be in prayer for us as we travel and try to find out lots of information. We are confident that the Lord will provide people for us to talk with, places to stay, and food for our bellies. I am also in prayer for all of you. Love you all and miss you very much!

I wanted to give a shout out to Uncle Vernon because I know he has been keeping up with me so well and trying to pinpoint to the rest of the family all the places that I have traveled to on a map. I thank you so much for your interest and support in what I am doing and especially your many prayers!

Be in touch soon.

Mad Love

5 comments:

Neither Here Nor There said...

I read this the other day and immediately thought of you:

"...how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
-Romans 10:14-15

I know you won't be able to read this until you are done there, but I hope things are going well in Apurimac. Be safe, have fun, and keep up the great work! Can't to talk to you again, most likely in Spain!

Peta said...

Love you jess and miss you.
Thank you for the updates.

Brenda said...

thanks for posting for us to read. I love reading about what you are doing. thanks also for your sweet comments about Dad. We love you very much, are very proud of you. I know you are getting excited about getting to see your family in December. Send me a hug home by someone.....talk to ya later. Prayers are with you......Bendi

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Special JoJo, Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope this gets there in time. I know it is the 10th. Just sent it early in case you were not on the computer much in the next few days. H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y

lisagay said...

Hey Jessica, sounds like you are doing God's work diligently. We think of you often, Peyton always remembers to include you in our prayers. We will continue to pray for you and your team, that you find the people, the words to share and food for your belly and most definitely good health.
from the Rogers family we wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Take care and keep up the great work of God!!!
Love and prayers,
Lisa, Earl, Tayler, Ty and Peyton