Saturday, March 13, 2010

Firsts

I am safely in the village now and currently in a nearby village getting some groceries and using the internet. I have experienced a few firsts this time around and wanted to share:

- Desert/coast weather (so much different than mountains)
- Olives as the primary crop
- Wearing sandals without freezing or putting socks on with sandals
- Sweating day and night
- A huge back porch at the place where we are staying (such a blessing to read, journal, and have prayer time with my team)
- Internet nearby
- Warm shower

So much different from some of the places I have been before. I am counting it all as a blessings. What is huge and different in some ways about this place is how open and friendly the people have been with us. I am so looking forward to time with folks we have met including a number of believers. Pray for us as we continue to meet people and allow the Lord to use us. Pray that we can really dive into the work as we only have a few weeks.

Mad Love

OH YEAH... and GO CATS!!! I am cheering them on from here even though I hardly know what`s going on.

No comments: