Tuesday, November 11, 2008

And so it begins...

So... this is all so very exciting. I finally have a blog. I am looking foward to sharing lots of stories and joys and stuggles with y'all as my journey begins. I am currently in Richmond, VA at orientation. Each day involves seminars on various topics which have included spiritual warfare, doctrine, anthropology, and church planting movements. It has been such a huge blessing to be poured into each and every day. We have been going through the book of Acts and learning about how the church began and how the apostles worked and moved around to spread the gospel and Paul's coming onto the scene. I have found, however, that some of the days are long and sometimes leave me overwhelmed.

There are so many amazing people here that are also going on the field and I have made many deep relationships in only a short time. There is an instant connection between all the people I meet because of our hearts for the nations. The Lord is strengthening and encouraging me through those people, through you, and through his word and constant prayer.

I am so thankful for each of you who are reading this and I carry you with me as I go. I would ask that you pray for me as I continue in orientation... that I will have endurance and a teachable heart. I also ask that you begin praying for my work on the field and especially for the indigenous groups of South America. I love you all so much and I can't wait to hear from you. Please let me know if there are ways I can pray for you.

Mad love,

Jess/Jojo

P.S. I found this verse and am so encouraged and excited at the idea of being able to live this out in only a few short weeks!

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns!"
-Isaiah 52:7

2 comments:

Kristen Bright said...

Jess! Sam, Will, and I are following your blog. We will be praying for your requests. May the Lord bless and keep you in His loving care.
Love,
Kristen Bright

Jordan Sanderson said...

So, being the great friend that I am, and the OCD person as well, I have some spelling corrections on your heading. OK Thanks.

Hello all! My name is Jessica Sorrell. I am a Kentucky native and a recent graduate of Georgetown College. Since I graduated the Lord has been making my dreams come true by giving me an opportunity TO serve in South America. I will be moving there in early January to be part of a research team in various COUNTRIES in South America. Please be in prayer for the people groups of South America and for the spread of the gospel among them. I look FORWARD to sharing my experiences!

That means so much to me! haha. I´ll be thinking about/praying for you!

JoJo (remember that is my nickname, too)