Sunday, November 16, 2008

My first marathon

So this weekend one of my good friends here at training competed in a marathon. It was my first marathon experience. I loaded up a crew in momma's van and we all headed down to cheer him on. We had planned to meet him around mile 17 to yell and encourage but we didn't have a map of the race or any idea how to get there. We decided to disperse ourselves along the last leg of the race. Some of the girls cheered him on around mile 22 others around mile 24 and then another friend and I stuck around the finish line so that we could cheer him at the finish and get some pictures of his elation when he was finally done!

It was a blast... I stayed on the lookout for him after we had been warned that he was getting close. When I saw him coming down the hill on the final stretch I ran to my friend so that he could snap the photos. The environment down at the finish line was so cool because there was a constant roar of people cheering on everyone crossing the finish line. My friend was hurting for most of the afternoon but there was no doubt that he was so thankful that he had finish and with an awesome time!

Another friend of mine who came the marathon was celebrating her birthday and so after the race it was only appropriate to go and celebrate at Red Robin. I had never been, but the burgers were delicious! I had to order this particular burger because it had an egg on it and once in Argentina I had a burger like it! Let's just say... I inhaled both!

Things to remember:

Marathons are fun

Egg on a burger= amazing

Mad love,

Jess

Phil. 1:3

1 comment:

The Masons said...

Marathons are awesome! There is just something about the energy that surrounds them that is completely contagious!

I'm glad you're blogging! I look forward to keeping track of all of your adventures!!

Amanda Mason :)