Thursday, June 17, 2010

A few bumps in the road

After writing this title I realize that this not only holds figurative meaning as we have come across a few obstacles since our research journeys began but it holds a quite literal meaning as it is a rare occasion to travel on a paved road while traveling in Peru. The majority of our trips are quite literally bumpy the entire way.

Greeting to you all from Ayacucho City. We are back here after a research trip that was cut a little short because one of my teammates came down with a pretty wicked rash. In our time out God showed himself faithful. We saw his constant provision as we were visiting town to town getting information. In the first place we visited after walking around for only a short time the Lord placed a believer in our path who helped us with information on the community, introduced us to other locals, took us to visit the school and share about our mission, and fed us an amazing peruvian meal. Our journey has been marked with divine meetings just like this.

We are so thankful for the people of peace that he continues to put in our paths. We were blessed to have a short visit by a couple of guys from the states. We laughed, traveled, prayed, and even struggled a little with our brothers. It was such a joy to share some with them and to be encouraged by them. We will most likely be heading out again tomorrow for out next destination. Please pray for my teammate who is beginning to get better from his rash and also for me as my body has been a little weak and with some stomach issues in the last day or so. We pray especially for endurance as the travel can be a little grueling. Our little issues do not compare to all our Saviour has done for us so we press on. Hallelujah!

I long to have an earnest desire for the Lord and his word. I long to grow in wisdom and understanding that comes from above. I have found myself struggling in this area. This truly troubles me. I see how this affects me negatively in every aspect of my life. I am taking this request to God in my prayers. I ask that you would also join me in prayer. Pray that I would not neglect my time nor be distracted when I am in the word.

The Lord is walking my through Hosea and Hebrews and I came across this tonight. Praise Him for this truth. I wanted to share it in the language in which I am currently living, Spanish, as well as in my own heart language.

"Ciertamente, la palabra de Dios es viva y poderosa, y más cortante que cualquier espada de dos filos. Penetra hasta lo más profundo del alma y del espíritu, hasta la médula de los huesos, y juzga los pensamientos y las intenciones del corazón. Ninguna cosa creada escapa a la vista de Dios. Todo está al descubierto, expuesto a los ojos de aquel a quien hemos de rendir cuentas."

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."

-Hebrews 4:12-13

Be in touch again soon.
Mad love

No comments: