Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Momma's visit and Huarochiri (try pronouncing that one)

Friends, the time has come to head out on another trip. But, before I talk about that I just wanted to mention a little bit about the time I spent with my mom when she visited August 2-9. I cannot explain how cool it was to see her come out at the arrival gate in Lima and give her a huge hug. We had the chance over the course of the week to spend time talking and sharing more about what has been going on here and back in the states, to see some of the sights in Lima (some of which I hadn't yet had the chance to see), to eat LOTS of amazing food, to travel to an area about 5 hours away and experience the desert and the sea, to enlighten my mom a little more about the reality of Peru, and what was most significant to me was that we got to love on each other and praise God for how wonderful he has been, is, and will be.

You can check out pictures here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=199040&id=638611248

So... my next adventure begins tomorrow. I will be part of a team of three serving in a village about 7 hours from Lima called Huarochiri. This was not our original destination, but as is often the case, things changed. My team is made up of Arturo, Ginny, and I. We have had the opportunity to talk with members of the church that comes from the states several times a year to work in this village. They were able to give us many names and specific information on some of the people who are believers, some who are interested in the Word, and others with whom they have had contact but not lots of interest yet. We are excited to see what the Lord has for us there. A Bible study was supposed to have began there a few weeks ago after a team from the church left but we are unsure if that happened. This will be something we will seek to find out and either encourage them to keep it up or try and encourage them to start the study. we will have approximately three weeks in this village before returning to Lima. I would ask for your prayers for this village and my team. We are expecting to be used in big ways and to seek the Lord as we make relationships and share.

This verse always comes to mind when I am preparing myself to head out to a village. I claim this. I pray this. I believe this it true.

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen." -Ephesians 3:20-21

Mad love
I'll be in touch in a few weeks if not before then.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Can't tell you how happy I am that you got to spend so much time with your precious Momma. She is so much in tune with what you are doing and supports you so much. It is so hard for any parent to be able to support a child whom you love and have been so close to as your Mom and Dad have been with you, and not to even begin to mention the love you and Geoffrey have for one another. But they have done so, they have opened their hearts and mind with what you are doing for Christ and have tried to accept and believe as much as you have, and for that God will bless them as well. I believe that from the bottom of my heart. It has been very hard on all of you, but again I say, it has been very hard on your family to have to be away from you for so long because the yearning in your heart is what keeps you going. Make any sense at all?? Jessica, you know I am crazy. Just try to understand what I am saying and go with it. He he. But~~~all of this is nearly behind you and you will be home. I know God has some wonderful things planned for your future and I for one cannot wait to see what!! I just hope they are CLOSE things!! Things that will keep YOU CLOSER!!!
Our prayers are with you and will follow you each step you take. May God keep you safe, happy, and bring you home ready to continue his work when you do arrive home. There is so much to do here. Our world is a mess, everywhere!! I love you very much.....♥ Bendi