Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lost in the city

So this is day 5 in Peru.  Things are still going very well.  I am currently taking it easy in my apartment.  I had my first meeting with the team today and met a couple with a little boy who are working here in Lima as career missionaries and they were very sweet people.  It's always an encouragement to see a husband, wife, and their young child/children out on the field fully surrendering themselves to the Lord.  At the meeting we discussed the upcoming arrival of many folks and about all of the many church groups and individuals that will be coming in during the US summer.  I am so thankful for my current team members and am looking forward to meeting more in the next few weeks.

I have been trying to walk many of my routes and learning street names and where important places are in town.  I got lost for about a half hour the other day on my way home but eventually figured it out.  And again today I found myself a little confused but managed to get back safely and saw many beautiful parks with blooming flowers, green grass, and big trees while I was lost so it wasn't so bad.  The Lord is really showing me how with just a little faith and trust he can get us through anything.  Whether it be large or small.  I am finding joy in small victories... like finding my way around town, figuring out how to make the shower warm, and fixing the constant running toilet.  

May each of us find joy in the small things in our lives.  I ask that you would continue to pray for a smooth transition into the culture and language.  Pray for the missionaries that will be joining us very soon and that together we can begin doing the work in the small villages of South America to which the Lord has called us.  

MAD Love

P.S.  If any of you have skype please let me know so that I can add you.



3 comments:

tammy said...

ok, what is skype? I try to stay up on these things so let me in on what this is! lol Been praying for you and I think just about every student at Lakeside has now added you to their prayers. As I shared with them about you and what you were doing they are very excited and interested in me keeping them up to date on your "happenings". You may get some friend invitations on facebook from some of them because i told them you were on there. We will stay in touch. I enjoyed so much taking you to the airport with Tina. You were such a blessing to me, just sharing what God has in store for you. We are all so very proud to call you family and I will be praying for you! Love ya -Tammy

Jojo said...

Hey Tammy! Thank you so much for your many prayers. I am so thankful to have all of the Lakeside kids praying for me as well and I hope to keep you all updated as my adventures begin.

Skype is a way to chat/talk aloud like on a phone/or video chat with people all over the world! It is completely free and completely awesome, haha! It has been great for me to keep up with family and friends so far.

Brenda said...

Hey,Jojo, cute nickname, might as well use it. He He. I just wanted you to know I have thought about you constantly. Little things that happen during the day makes me think of you. I am so proud to call you my cousin, and to proudly tell people what you are doing. Your walks sound interesting. The place sounds beautiful. I am going to check into skype myself, so we can chat. You are in our every thougt and prayer. Be chatting soon. WE LOVE YOU, Brenda