Thursday, January 22, 2009

May love never end

I have to confess that most of the times on here I am letting you know all the great things have been going on and leaving out the messier, harder parts.  It's absolutely true that the Lord has provided many blessings in the last 20 days that I have spent in Peru.  But there have been some struggles and emotions that I have been working through.  And what I have found is that this time in Lima before traveling has been the Lord's time to help me found my foundation and worth in Him.

I have had more free time than I had expected.  I have been using that time to hang out and get to know my new team members, get settled in my apartment, learn the city, practice spanish, and also to talk a lot with family back home.  A few times while talking to my mom I have found myself swelling with emotion followed by a good cry.  And then right away she begins to cry as well, something that is pretty normal with my family... one cries we all cry.  Spending time with Lord and in prayer as well as talking further with my family, friends, and fellow missionaries on the field in other places.  I am so very thankful for struggle because of the lessons learned.  Now I know that if I am gonna get through this adventure, that often seems overwhelming, I am going to have to fully depend on the Lord.

These last few days have been training days as my first trip is a little over a week away!  I am so excited for what is in store in the villages.  We are specifically focusing on storying the Bible and practicing this skill daily in the city with nationals.  It has been a humbling and unique experience.  We have daily visits with women at a flower shop each day.  They are interested in our stories and willing to listen and participate.  The goal is to tell the stories to people in a way that once we leave them that they are able to understand it and take it to heart and then pass it on to others.  Please pray for the women in the flower shop that we share with daily.  Pray that the Word will penetrate and begin to change their lives and that they will want to spread what they have heard.

Pray for me in as I prepare to go out on my first trip.  That I may be bold and glorify the name of the Lord!

Mad love to all

I have been reading in 1 Corinthians 13, a chapter about love.  It spoke to me recently.  Here's a little piece of it:

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never ends"

 

5 comments:

Peta said...

Mad love. You are well lifted in prayer.

Lori Lynn Christian said...

Jess I just love reading your blog! You are so precious to me and I will always be praying for you. Also know that God is going to reward you and your family in so ways when you get to heaven and how for the scarifices you have given up to Him. Love you tons.

Ashley said...

Jess- i can't believe it's already been almost a month! You are such a blessing to so many. God is SINGING with joy over you!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
-Zephaniah 3:17

jessi said...

Jess!! I'm so glad Peta told me about your blog! now i can read all about your adventure and keep in touch! i am stoked to see all of the awesome ways the Lord is gonna use you. and i can think of no one better to be in the spot you are in :) i love you and i miss you and i can't wait to hear more!!!

lisagay said...

Jess...me, earl, tayler, ty and peyton...and mammy are wishing you a glorious first outing...we know you are excited and apprehensive at the same time...you are following God's will, He will keep and protect you. You are awesome to spread God's love and His word. Reach in, reach up and reach out!!!! We love you so much...Lisa...Earl...Tayler...Ty...Peyton...and Mammy.